Qnbn Unveils Campaign in West Bay
September 26, 2013
|Qatar National Broadband Network (Qnbn) has launched an advertising campaign to demonstrate how its high-speed fiber optic broadband infrastructure will empower the nation. The campaign focuses on the potential of100x faster internet and next generation technology to transform the country’s quality of life through better residential, business, healthcare, educational and e-government services.
After the launch in Barwa City and Barwa Commercial Avenue, currently Qnbn is connecting premises in West Bay to Qnbn’s state-of-the-art broadband infrastructure network, being deployed in line with the Qatar ICT Strategy 2015. Installation of the new technology will provide residents choice in selecting telecom operators for high-speed services.
The campaign is intended to send a simple and powerful message about how Qnbn’s network will shape Qatar’s fiber optic future by introducing the audience to the exciting, new era of technological possibilities which will empower the growth of Qatar. Qnbn provides telecom operators with equal and open access to its network so as to offer the freedom of choice to end-users in all segments. In building a state-of-the-art fiber optic infrastructure network, Qnbn is delivering upon its government mandate to provide the best possible infrastructure to support the growth of a knowledge-based, ICT-driven economy.
A spokesperson commented, “Qnbn’s vision is already becoming a reality. By opening doors to their installation teams, residents will be able to benefit from faster internet and choice in selecting from Qatar’s telecom operators, as well as playing their part in the realization of Qatar National Vision 2030.”
The new advertising campaign focuses on five aspects of private and public sector that will benefit from a high-speed broadband infrastructure.
- Choice: The end users will be able to pick the preferred telecom operator and benefit from the offered broadband services.
- Smarter business through improved data and storage capabilities, cloud computing, reliable video conferencing, cost savings, and the securest form of file storage, through their preferred operator.
- Fast and secure e-government services via increased efficiency of government departments and an improved e-working environment for government workers
- Improved healthcare and potential to capitalize on medical breakthroughs via faster procedures and better access to information that saves lives
- Better education thanks to enhanced work research and online courses, multimedia applications, the ability to attend international colleges online while physically being in Qatar, and a powerful transformation of the learning experience.
User-friendly information leaflets and door hangers are being used to encourage households to benefit from Qnbn’s roll-out of fiber optic infrastructure. Residents and businesses can visit www.qnbn.qa for information.